30 July 2008

I Have the Coolest Job in the World

I have the coolest job in the world - and I don't mean what I do for the Air Force. Being a Dad is quite possibly the best, hardest, and coolest job. I love it when I come home and Ryan screams "Daaaaadddddyyyyyy" and comes running at me to give me a hug and immediately wants to play or follow me around the house. On the weekends, after he gets dressed, he wants to put "water on" his belly - he saw me putting cologne on one day and thinks that what every boy is supposed to do. He'll run into the bathroom, slide to a stop, grin and say, "Daddy I'm dressed, I need water on my belly!!"

Today we went to the pediatrician at Wilford Hall and after the doctor was done examining Ryan, he turned to her, patted her on the shoulder and said, "Good job doctor!" Apparently he thought highly of her! The doctor commented they rarely get positive feedback from patients...and especially not from 4 year olds!

Last night, we were reading books and I was lying on the floor and Ryan sidled up right next to me and we managed to get through (almost) two books before general mayhem ensued. He's trying so hard to be a big kid - and we absolutely love these moments in life.




No comments: