11 November 2008

Carter's Fan Club, Inc.

As the self-appointed Managing Director for the newly founded "Carter's Fan Club", I thought I'd share some of the notes we've received surrounding Carter's birth. Not surprisingly, most of these came from Mike's friends! I deleted the names to protect the guilty...

"Looks just like me. Seriously, he looks great. Congrats."
-- Sadly, this guy is an F-16 pilot...with three beautiful girls...no way he could have produced a boy cub after sitting behind one of the world's largest microwave ovens for hours at a time --

"Congratulations to you and the family!! Truly great news! Hope you have a favorite caffeinated beverage as I suspect sleep will be a distant memory for awhile, but soooo worth it!"
-- I actually have a Diet Mt Dew IV installed and running beautifully --

"Congrats!!!!!!! I am so glad to hear everything went well, and everyone seems happy about the new member of the family. The pictures of Ryan and Carter almost made me cry....what a joy to see them act so loving toward each other. Thanks for the pictures and please continue on the updates. When Heidi is feeling up to it put her in a picture waving to me."
-- Everyone was happy but the dogs...they just got kicked (and by that I mean moved) down a notch on the totem pole --

"Congrats on the boy. My father once told me anyone can hang a faucet...real men install indoor plumbing"
-- From a friend with three girls --

"Congrats!! Hearing of a new child coming into the world to friends always picks you up a bit. We pass along our sincerest heartfelt welcome to Carter. We are just now starting to sleep though the night with our daughter at 6.5 months...hey, it goes by quick"
-- SIX MONTHS?!?! Last night was crazy enough!! --

No comments: